Evergreen Charter School Closing Procedure
If it is necessary to close or delay school, the Evergreen Charter School will attempt to make this decision as early as possible. Once a decision is made to close or delay school, the information will be shared with the parents as quickly as possible.
The Evergreen Charter School, in an effort to improve communications between families and school, has implemented an automated phone calling system (Phone Blast). This program allows the immediate notification to all households and parents, by telephone, of any critical or unplanned event that will cause school cancellation, delay or an early dismissal.
The school will continue to use the television to broadcast school closings and delays due to weather.
TO DO THIS WE MUST HAVE YOUR CURRENT CONTACT INFORMATION, PLEASE UPDATE INFORMATION AS NEEDED WITH THE FRONT DESK.
In the event school is placed on a morning delay, early release or closed, follow one of these patterns:
- Two (2) Hour Delay – The breakfast program will be delayed as well.
- Early Dismissal – Early dismissal for inclement weather will automatically cancel all after-school activities.
- Cancellation of the School Day – Depending upon a radical weather reversal, evening activities may be permitted determined by the building principal and Board of Trustees.
- Please note that on days schools are closed or dismissed early due to inclement weather there will be no Clubs or Basketball practices.
School Holidays and Closings
ECS will be closed on the following Holidays:
September 2: Labor Day
October 9: Yom Kippur
October 14: Columbus Day
November 11: Veterans Day
November 28 & 29: Thanksgiving Recess
December 23 – January 1: Holiday Recess
January 20: M.L.K. Jr. Day
February 17 – 21: Winter Recess
April 10 – 17: Spring Recess
May 25: Memorial Day
Information will be posted on the following stations:
- School’s website (ecsli.org)
- Channel 2 (CBS)
- Channel 12 (Cablevision) (longisland.news12.com)
- Channel 47 (Telemundo)
* Please note, we do not follow the Hempstead School District schedule
If you have any questions, please contact the school Office at 516-292-2060.