EVERGREEN CHARTER SCHOOLCareers
Current Job postings
School Registered Nurse
Evergreen Charter School is seeking a School Registered Nurse.
The mission of the Evergreen Charter School (ECS) is to nurture the intellectual, physical and social development of children, through a comprehensive program that promotes academic excellence and prepares its students for success in school and in life.
The School Nurse provides health services for students and staff and act as advocates, liaisons, and consultants on health related issues for students, families and school personnel. They are an integral part of the ECS school in supporting an optimum physical, mental, emotional and social climate for all students and staff. The services provided by the School Nurse include: health care delivery, health counseling, and health program and policy development including:
Delivery of Health Services
- Coordinating with the School Health Program through communication and collaboration with School Staff, Parents, Students, and Community resources.
- Protecting and maintaining student’s health by providing professional nursing services in accordance with Nursing Standards and NYS Licensing.
- Providing NY State-mandated and annual screening programs including vision, hearing, and scoliosis.
- Facilitating NY State-mandated immunization and communicable disease control requirements.
- Acting as liaison between home and school, and healthcare providers for medical issues.
- Identifying and reporting school building safety or environmental issues which impact student or staff health to the building administrator.
- Participating as members of the school’s Emergency Management, Health and Safety and Crisis Response Teams.
- Documenting health services provided in accordance with the NYS Nurse Practice Act.
- Maintaining current pertinent health data for each student by periodic review and documentation on the individual student electronic and/or paper health records.
- Preparing and monitoring Health Office budget.
- Promoting a positive, student-centered, and differentiated environment to meet the needs of all learners.
- Providing staff and community educational opportunities as needed.
Professional Development/Community Involvement
- Pursuing individual professional growth which may include: in-service workshops,
graduate courses, conferences and collegial learning.
- Collaborating with community partners in delivery of Health Education or services as
- Current Registered Nurse License issued by the NYS
- Current CPR certification
- Experience in pediatric healthcare
- Bilingual in Spanish
- One location
Please submit your resume to email@example.com.