evergreen charter school2nd to 4th Grade
During a school year like no other, Evergreen Charter School continues to provide the same high level of education to our students.
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
Forms and Notices
At Evergreen Charter School, Google Classroom is the main platform used for students (Grades 3-9) to manage all their digital classes and assignments. Combined with the features of students’ school created Gmail accounts, students have access to their classes, assignments, and instructional resources from anywhere that has an internet connection. Google Classroom is an easy and convenient tool for students, parents, and teachers to efficiently manage student progress and provide feedback and communication.
Welcome to Elementary School, Grades 2 – 4
Even though this is a school year like no other, Evergreen Charter School continues to provide the same high level of education to our students, as it did for the past 12 years. This is made possible by the determination and dedication of the staff to provide the best education possible to all our students, who are attending school in person or remote.
Located in the heart of Hempstead, on Greenwich Ave, our school is a beacon of hope for students, their families, and the community at large during these uncertain times.
With the hope that these challenging times shall pass, I want to assure you of my commitment to advocate for all our students to receive the best education possible, so they could continue to learn with joy every day at Evergreen Charter School.
All the best,
– Dr. Elena Litescu
Location & Hours
Our Lady of Loretto Parish
120 Greenwich Street
Hempstead, NY 11550
Mon – Fri: 7:45am – 4:00pm
Virtual Saturday School Coming Soon
School Director 2 – 4
Dr. Elena Litescu
Clubs & Teams
Mandarin Language Club
Purpose: To learn Mandarin Chinese language
- Students are connected to a China-based teaching team who provides interactive live lessons
- Students communicate regularly with their teacher who can also show them what life in Beijing, China is like.
- Students and teachers have access to custom Learning Management System
Time: Monday 5:30pm – 6:30pm
Purpose: To provide extra support in improving the Spanish skills of non-heritage Spanish speakers
- Helps students build improve their Spanish skills
- Students attending this Club are non-heritage speakers and will benefit from the opportunity to practice the Spanish skills
- The desired outcome is for the students to improve their mastering of the Spanish language
Time: Wednesday 4:30pm – 5:30pm, Thursday 4:30pm – 5:30pm
Spanish Literacy Club
Purpose: To provide extra support in improving Spanish literacy for heritage Spanish speakers
- Helps heritage Spanish speakers to improve their literacy skills, reading and writing in Spanish
- Students attending this Club are heritage speakers and will benefit from the opportunity to practice the fluency increasing their Spanish literacy skills
- The desired outcome is for the students to maintain and improve their native Spanish speaking skills
Time: Tuesday 5:30pm – 6:30pm
Spanish Chess Club
Purpose: To learn Chess and familiarize with the terms and game rules in Spanish
- Helps students develop the logic and analytical skills
- Students will become familiar with the rules and terms of the game and the terminology in Spanish
Time: Wednesday & Thursday 12:00pm – 12:15pm
Purpose: To enhance instrumental musical abilities and skills
- Increases the musical exposure for students and learning a chosen instrument
- Provides close guidance from the teacher, allowing students to work on specific areas for faster string development
- Students expand their repertoire and address areas of concern, practice as an ensemble and develop a sense of community as part of an orchestra ensemble
Time: Tuesday 4:15pm – 5:45pm