At Evergreen Charter School:
- Students learn through real-world problem-solving
- Students study the world’s weather: “Teachable” Moment
- Storm Sandy-floods, winds, electricity, gas, communication, food…
- Northeastern Winter Storm- climate, change, electricity.
- Students disperse to their individual or group-or team-based activities.
- The flexible scheduling allows students to pursue activities as the project, and not the clock, dictates. Assessment includes evaluation rubrics, long-term portfolios, evaluative journals, and normal standardized tests.
- The curriculum’s focuses on site-based, real-world projects making learning relevant and accessible to all students, whether they are academically gifted or academically challenged.